The Art Outreach Gallery, Inc. (AOG), a 501C(3) non-profit organization, is an art appreciation initiative and community development project in its sixth year of operations at the Eastwood Mall in Niles, Ohio.
The Gallery is governed by a board of directors who strongly believe that fostering creativity—especially in children—is essential in a knowledge-based society. We are committed to providing resources and opportunities to experience, develop and showcase a wide range of local creative talent.
The Art Outreach Gallery’s projects and accomplishments include:
- Over 15,000 pieces of artwork by preschool through 12th grade students have been on display. AOG has collaborated with over 100 teachers from Trumbull, Mahoning and Columbiana Counties and two Pennsylvania school districts in conjunction with these shows
- The AOG hosted 2008 and 2009 summer workshops sponsored by community foundations and donations. The attendance doubled from 60 to 150 students in the two years
- The AOG is the location for the Mahoning Valley’s FIRST LEGO League. FIRST (“For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology”) LEGO League (FLL) is an international program for children ages 9-14. This is the sixth year the Gallery hosted FIRST LEGO League teams.
- AOG has collaborated with over 200 students and many instructors from local colleges and universities. Over 300 local artists have exhibited over 2000 artworks in the main galleries. These exhibits are in partnership with the artists as they give back by volunteering.
- AOG has additionally hosted bands, drama performances, ballet, poetry readings, solo guitarists and pianists, singing and musical groups, and robotics competitions.