Thursday, May 30, 2019
Sunday, May 6, 2018
ART OUTREACH GALLERY IS PLEASED TO OFFER 28 NEW WORKSHOP CLASSES FOR SUMER 2018!
The free arts-based workshops start Monday July 9 and conclude Friday August 10. All workshops take place at our Eastwood Mall space between JC Penney and Smile Cove.
Click HERE to view, download, share and/or print a workshop program (including workshop lists, descriptions, times, instructor information, sign-up information and more).
Click HERE to view, download, share and print registration forms. PLEASE NOTE: All students must be registered by parent or guardian to attend Art Outeach Gallery Summer Workshops. (Use a separate registration form for each child you enroll.)
Hard-copy programs & registration forms may also be picked up at the art Outreach Gallery (limited hours) or the Eastwood Mall customer service center (in mall center court).
See ya this summer!
Posted by Art Outreach Gallery at 10:36 PM
Sunday, March 5, 2017
Below is a Gallery checklist for submissions and the show:
- ENTRY FEE: A $1.00 entry fee per piece of art work per student. In collaborative pieces there is a $1.00 fee per student. A maximum of 5 pieces submitted per student.
- DROP-OFF: Works can be dropped off and hung Wednesday, April 26. All preparation of the space must be completed by Friday, April 28. Access to the gallery requires signing out of the key with Eastwood Mall Customer Service Center. You are also required to sign the key back in at the customer service center. The door lock is located at the bottom of the door. Please lock the door in place. There will be a Gallery volunteer at the Gallery to help hang the work and have the gallery open for your convenience.
- PICK-UP: All artworks will be picked up on Monday, May 15 and Tuesday, May 16 during mall hours.
- Teachers are responsible for supervising pick up and drop off artwork. Gallery volunteers will also be available for drop off and pick up of artwork.
- INVENTORY: The teacher will be responsible for the inventory.
- LABELING: The teachers will label all work. – We suggest that you use Avery label 5160 – 1”x 2.63”, clear mailing label with the students name, grade, school name, category and teacher’s name. You may add a price and contact phone number if the work is for sale.
- HANGING: Teachers and students are responsible for hanging and labeling all work. The Gallery will have volunteers and hanging supplies will be at the Gallery to help hang the work.
- 3-D PIECES: There is shelving, tables and platforms available for three-dimensional works.
- VOLUNTEERING: For the gallery to remain open it is essential that we have volunteers to gallery sit. Please encourage your students, Key Clubs, National Honor Societies, athletic teams, fellow teachers and parents to volunteer in the gallery; it is fun and an interesting way to share in this amazing community development program and unique art program. The gallery requires two volunteers at all times. The Gallery is open Friday 5:00 to 9:00, Saturday 1:00 to 9:00 and Sunday 1:00 to 5:00. There will be a Volunteer Schedule available when you drop off the artwork to sign up to Gallery sit.
- SALES OF WORKS: Frequently our patrons ask if the works are for sale. We invite your students to sell artwork, but do not handle the details of sale. In order to facilitate, we can provide contact information but will do nothing more. The Gallery will not provide direct contact information for any students without prior written consent and authorization. Also, the Gallery does not assume any liability for the sale of art and provides no warranty on sale – it is the responsibility of the parties. Teachers wishing to act as a facilitator for sales of their students’ works may provide their contact information or the contact information of the parent.
- CARE OF WORKS: You will need to help us take necessary precautions to safeguard your students’ works as well as the works of others at the Gallery. Understand that the Art Outreach Gallery and the Eastwood Mall cannot assume liability for loss or damage and that artwork will be handled and exhibited at the artists’ risk. Please help us make this a positive, enjoyable experience for everyone participating.
- RECEPTIONS/PERFORMANCES: You will have the opportunity to showcase your school district for one of the three weekends that you are participating in the show. The gallery will be available for your school’s art opening reception and recognition. Students from each school district will also have an opportunity to perform during their school exhibition and opening reception.
- AWARDS: The student awards reception is scheduled for Saturday, April 29, 6:00 at the Art Outreach Gallery. Cash awards will be award for Best of Show, First, Second and Third Place. Show Plaques will be awarded to Best in Category.
- HANDOUTS: Each school district may provide a handout/flyer with the participating students and teacher’s names.
- PRESS RELEASES: The Art Outreach Gallery will send press release for the shows.
- Please RSVP confirmation of the number of students participating through Kate Antal at 330.518.6648 or email@example.com or Gail Stark at 330.219.7833 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIGITAL ART and PHOTOGRAPHY
Artwork created using technology and computer software or works captured by a digital camera and heavily collaged or manipulated to produce digital multimedia work. Images captured by either an analog or digital camera and viewed as a print. May be black and white or color. Digital Photographs must be printed at minimum 300dpi at 5” x 7” or 8” x 10”.
Special Instructions: Prints must be mounted on rigid board when submitting for exhibition.
TWO-DIMENSIONAL DRAWING, PRINTMAKING and PAINTING
Oil, acrylic, watercolor, gouache, tempera etc. on canvas, canvas board, paper or any flat surface. Artwork made by the process of printing, usually on paper. Techniques include monotype, collographs, woodcut/linocut, intaglio, lithography, etching, silk screen printing, and other methods of printing.
Pencil, ink, charcoal, pastel, crayon or scratchboard on a two-dimensional surface, usually paper.
Special Instructions: Drawings copied from published photographs should not be submitted and may be disqualified. Drawings must be fixed with a suitable fixative and mounted on rigid board for submission and exhibition.
An interactive media experience that makes use of game play and digital media (e.g., visual art, sound design, digital storytelling, etc.). Special Instructions: Video Game submissions must be playable games.
Students may create games using the following recommended programs: Scratch, Flash, Game Salad and RPG Maker. Alternatively, students may submit work in another platform where the final game can be played by the judges on a browser on a PC without the purchase of any proprietary software or having to register for a private community.
Submissions: You can upload one file (.exe, .zip, .rar, or .swf). You must also enter a 250-500 word gameplay summary in the provided text editor and a gameplay video of your game being played no longer than 5 minutes in length. Works must be submitted electronically via electronic submission guidelines.
Collaboration: Video Game Design submissions can include up to 5 collaborators. A collaborative Video Game Design entry should only be registered ONCE for judging: choose one student to create an account and upload the work -- this student can then identify up to four collaborators on the Edit Info page.
If the other collaborators are not listed when the work is submitted they will not be eligible to receive an Award. Works must be submitted electronically via electronic submission guidelines.
FILM & ANIMATION
Moving images viewed on a monitor, television, or projector. Animation can be hand drawn, computer-generated, stop animation or figure/model animation. Videos and films are shot with a film/video camera and are produced and edited. Projects may be of an experimental, abstract, or narrative nature.
Special Instructions: THESE WORKS CAN BE COLLABORATIVE (No more than 5 artists per work.)
Register all students on the project. Works must be submitted electronically via electronic submission guidelines.
Collage, assemblage, cut paper, handmade paper, batik, fine art books are accepted in the Mixed Media category. In general, artwork created with more than one medium should be submitted in the Mixed Media category. Combinations of painting and drawing applied only to one surface should be submitted to the Two -Dimensional category. Mixed media/assemblages meant to be viewed in the round should be submitted in the Three-Dimensional category.
Three dimensional objects welded, modeled, carved, cast, constructed or assembled of any material including but not limited to clay, cardboard, metal, acrylic, wood, glass.
The Art Outreach Gallery is an art appreciation initiative and community development project. The gallery is next to GNC, along the JCPenny concourse. The hours of operation are Friday 5:00pm to 9:00pm, Saturday1:00pm to 9:00pm, and Sunday 1:00pm to 5:00pm. We maybe open throughout the week if we have volunteers to gallery sit.
Posted by Art Outreach Gallery at 7:30 PM
Thursday, November 17, 2016
The Art Outreach Gallery invites you to Holiday Paintshop, a holiday-themed painting class at our Eastwood Mall space on Tuesday, December 13. Award-winning artist and local art teacher Susan Jacobs is the instructor of this fun-filled event.
Holiday Paintshop is open to all ages--absolutely no experience necessary! Ms. Jacobs will take "paintshoppers" step-by-step in creating "White Christmas Tree." The acrylics on canvas (20" x 16") painting is sure to be a much cherished holiday decoration. (And makes a wonderful, personally handcrafted GIFT!)
Please be sure to tell your painter (and newbie!) friends--it's always more fun to paint together! The Holiday Paintshop class is strictly limited to 24 attendees--so be sure to sign up soon.
The $35 workshop fee includes all paint supplies and helps support Art Outreach Gallery exhibits, workshops and events. Beverages and light refreshments are provided by event sponsor Salvatore's Restaurants.
To register for for Holiday Paintshop, please CLICK HERE. (Links to easy, convenient, secure registration/payment webpage at ConstantContact.com)
Did we mention hand-painted artworks make WONDERFUL GIFTS?!
Posted by Art Outreach Gallery at 1:05 PM
Monday, November 7, 2016
The Art Outreach Gallery is pleased to exhibit "Beautiful Minds," a collection of portraits by student photographer Gabby Scianna. The show opens Friday, Nov. 11 and runs through Sunday, Nov. 27. An artist reception will be held at the Gallery from 6 to 8 pm, Friday, 11/11.
Included in the show are Ms. Scianna's ten black & white portraits from her "Overcome" series, currently on display. (See blog post below.)
In Scianna's own words: "Behind a beautiful subject lies a beautiful mind, personality, and spirit much deeper and stronger that the struggles they have overcome. 'Beautiful Minds' is a collection of my portraiture, continuing with the theme of 'Overcome.'"
Upon graduation, the Canfield High School senior plans to further her photography study at the Ringling College of Art & Design in Sarasota, Florida.
Posted by Art Outreach Gallery at 1:24 PM
Monday, October 17, 2016
The Art outreach Gallery is pleased to present a new photography exhibit by Canfield High School student-artist Gabby Scianna.
"OVERCOME" is a collection of ten black & white photographs of fellow students holding self-labeled signs.
The show runs from Friday October 21 thru Saturday November 5 and is part of a larger photography exhibit by Ms. Scianna, "Brilliant Minds" that will be on display at the gallery later in November. (Stay tuned for details!)
Posted by Art Outreach Gallery at 2:48 PM
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
The Art Outreach Gallery is pleased announce 26 new YOUTH WORKSHOPS for 2016!
The FREE arts-based classes will be held at our Eastwood Mall space and run from Tuesday, June 21 to Friday, July 15. Printed programs listing workshop schedule, descriptions and registration information can be picked up at the Art Outreach Gallery and the mall information booth.
Click HERE to view and/or download workshop schedule, description, contact and instructor information.
Here's a link to a downloadable REGISTRATION FORM. Class space is limited, so sign up soon!
Below is a list of workshops with (suggested) ages. Workshops listed in RED are currently filled. (As of Friday June 17, new registrations for "red" workshops are not being accepted.)
- Very Hungry Caterpillar (ages 5-8)
- Art With Earth (5-8)
- Art With Earth (9-12)
- Art With Earth (5-8)
- You Are My Sunshine (5-8)
- Ten Little Rubber Ducks (5-8)
- Greenforcers Wanted! (7-12)
- A Work of Art (9-12)
- A Wreath of Hearts (9-12)
- The Art of Upcycling (9-12)
- Emoji Stuffs (9-12)
- Emoji Stuffs (10-15)
- Gone Fishing (9-12)
- Crazy Tube People (9-12)
- Fuzzy Color Caterpillar (9-12)
- Colorful Chameleon (9-12)
- Creative Cubes (9-12)
- Creative Cubes (10-15)
- A Handful of Words (9-12)
- A Handful of Words (10-15)
- Up, Up and Away (9-12)
- A Dahlia of Color (10-15)
- Watercolor Windsock (10-15)
- Light As A Feather (10-15)
- Silly Hand Puppet (10-15)
- Crazy Corner Bookmarks (10-15)
Posted by Art Outreach Gallery at 11:36 AM
Thursday, October 1, 2015
The Art Outreach Gallery is absolutely elated to host A Day in the Life, the Community Artworks 2015 Regional Artist's Exhibition!
The show features 75 works by 41 local artists, and runs from Sunday, October 4 to Sunday, November 8.
Posted by Art Outreach Gallery at 12:32 PM
Monday, June 15, 2015
The Art Outreach Gallery has MOVED!
Hope to see you at our NEW Eastwood Mall SPACE!
Visit us at our NEW LOCATION near JCPenney between GNC and The Picture People.
SPECIAL NOTICE to all Art Outreach Gallery 2015 Summer Workshoppers: All classes previously scheduled to meet at our former Store 220 location (near Sears) will be held at our NEW Store 904 LOCATION. Again, we're now near JCPenney and between the GNC nutrition store and The Picture People photography studio. See you all there!
Posted by Art Outreach Gallery at 10:31 PM
Friday, May 22, 2015
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Completed, signed workshop registration forms may be turned in at the Eastwood Mall information booth (in the mall center court). Alternatively, registration forms can be faxed to: 330-544-5929. Please note, class sizes are limited--so be sure to register early!
Printed workshop information booklets and registration forms may also be picked up Art Outreach Gallery and the Eastwood Mall information center.
You can also view and download registration forms by CLICKING HERE.
Below is a list of this year's workshops--please check back soon at this webpage for additional workshop information, including schedules, class instructors, class descriptions, calendars!
WORKSHOP STATUS UPDATE (as of Tuesday, June 16)
The following is the list of 2015 Summer Workshops. Workshops listed in RED are currently filled. (New registrations for "red" workshops are not being accepted.)
01 Corduroy Bear (AGES 5-8)
02 Salt Dough Prints (5-8)
03 Salt Dough Prints (9-12)
04 Ladybug Prints (5-9)
05 Foam Cup Frog (5-8)
06 Foam Cup Frog (9-12)
07 Let’s Build a Summer Snowman! (5-9)
08 Let’s Build a Summer Snowman! (9-12)
09 Soil Art! (5-9)
10 Soil Art! (8-12)
11 Chalk It Up! (9-12)
12 Chalk It Up! (12-18)
13 Banner Your Name (9-12)
14 Banner Your Name (12-18)
15 Art of Papermaking! (9-15)
16 Bunny Hop (9-15)
17 Zentangle Pinwheel (9-15)
18 Paper Plate Aquarium (9-15)
19 Tube Animals (9-15)
20 Cha Cha Cha Chia (9-15)21 Matisse Bowl (12-18)
Posted by Art Outreach Gallery at 11:08 AM